Academic Qualifications/ complementary training
- Bachelor of Law (University of Oviedo).
- Master in European Law, Specialty Policies and history of Eastern Europe (European Institute of High Studies, Robert Schuman University, Strasbourg, France).
- Master in Human Rights (Universidad Complutense, Madrid).
- PhD Candidate in International Law, UNED, Madrid.
- Experience in Civilian Crisis Management, Humanitarian Assistance and Human Rights. Worked extensively for the European Union, the OSCE and the United Nations. Experience in Eastern Europe (Balkans – Kosovo, Macedonia, Croatia, Bosnia and Albania), Africa and Middle East.
- Researcher and consultant on issues of gender, human rights (human rights based approach) and institutional development.
- International consultant with experience in training, legal advice and evaluation.
- Associate Professor Public International Law, Humanitarian Law (Oviedo University).